Monday, July 6, 2009

Ultimate Irony

For someone with an unholy fear of water (add height and I'm almost in tears), it's fairly comical that I thought seriously about having a header picturing not just water but ocean water. And the ocean has a floor so deep, it worries me to consider it.

Speaking of water, I just have to watch Deadly Catch because there is something perversely fascinating about watching those fishing boats riding hellish waves that look as if they'd take out Manhattan. I'd never go deep sea fishing; I'd never even go on a boat smaller than Royal Caribbean but here I will sit, rapt and warm and dry and on terra firma.

I'm afraid to get married but I'll subject myself to untold madness in the dating world in search of Him. Lord God, that's another entry or two or ten. The men out here with us single gals ... and they're not always available (emotionally, literally, figuratively) yet here they come, grinning and bearing bad tidings for those of us thinking it isn't wrong to hope.

It's cold out here in the dating world. If you're inside where it's warm and safe and satisfyingly "we" then count your blessings and quit bitching about the dirty socks funking up your bedroom or the gurliness taking over your manly man rooms and be happy you're not shivering out here in Single City with the rest of us.

Hmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment