Saturday, August 15, 2009

Rambling Rose without the Effing


Yeah, so I'm sufficiently over myself enough to start Rambling Rose again. Thanks to Ailuros and to Hollypots for pointing out simple math ... grrrr.

The stitches outside the pattern repeat within the bold lines are done only twice: at the beginning of the row and at the end of the row.

THE ONE TIME I DID NOT MAKE A COLOR WORKING COPY, THIS HAPPENS. Grrrr.

Make color copies so this kind of thing does not freeze your brain. pink squares, black lines, red squares all look the same in black and white. Sigh.

Rambling Rose has been recast and so far, so good. This pattern presents all kinds of complicated math issues because of the scalloping along the bottom. It allows for two sizes: 30" and 43" and I can't imagine anyone else having such an issue. *rolleyes*

I have no patience for the intense math required in order to successfully modify the pattern down to a size 34" so I'm playing around with needle sizes. I'm knitting the 43" using size 3 needles. The sleeves are quite snug in almost every photo I've seen of the finished project so I think in order to keep with the overall style (super chic fitted body), I will knit the size large arms but taper to the smallest size so that there is a flaring of the sleeves; a bell of sorts. We'll see how that works out. I'm confident ... lol

The yarn is Socks That Rock in Oregon Red Clover Honey from Blue Moon Fiber Arts and it is beautiful. I wanted to do a dark wine/red/bordeaux but the pattern is so delicate that I think a bold color would overshadow it in the fine yarn I'm using. Go bulky all the way or go fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment