Monday, August 10, 2009

Rambling Effing Rose

This pattern is pissing me off good. I've started over 3 times and I've cursed so much my cats think I was raised in a damned barn.

This is Rambling Rose from Laura Zukaite. I am taking this chick's name in vain big time. I've called her everything but a child of God. Devil's spawn was a good one. Hmph.

This is one of those times my friends wonder what's so relaxing about knitting.

I never said knitting was relaxing. Half the time it isn't. It just keeps you from stabbing the knitting needle into the throat of the nearest beast snapping and popping gum ... knitting may keep your ass out of prison but it isn't going to keep you calm.

CO 67 sts and work Set-up row of Scallop Rib chart
The scallop rib chart (set up) is: (each figure representing one stitch, the V being slip 1 kwise)

V, k, k, p, k, p, k, p, k, p, k, p, k, p, k, p, k, kk

The V stitch is outside the "pattern repeat" and the two knit stitches on the end are outside the "pattern repeat"

Also, the set up row is read from left to right and the first row from right to left. I can look at the photos and see how it is SUPPOSED to look but the stitch count is confusing me and what to do to make the scalloped edging is nuts.

My issue

W T F

Using 67 stitches, I can't repeat the block of stitches because I run out. If I don't repeat the block of stitches, I don't get the scallop effect, which is the sl 1 kwise, right?

W T F??? Many people have scrapped the scalloped edge and done a traditional rib but I am not walking away from this ...

How do I get this damned thing going???

And because of this *&$*%& scallop hem, there are only 2 sizes, 30" and 43"

Women have obviously increased this using some intense math for larger and smaller sizes but I'm just going to use tiny needles and knit the large. I'm also going to modify the sleeves so that the scalloping is flared.

Btw, I'm doing this in one color. I have NO patience for dangling effing bobbins and intarsia and snarled, tangled, jumbled, annoying things of yarn.



__________________

1 comment: