Sunday, August 9, 2009















I have completed Sexy Lace!

I stayed up until 3:30AM this morning finishing and weaving ends and other impossibly annoying and teeth gnashing things preventing me from a) reveling in it and b) calling it a done deal.

I forced myself to sit patiently while sewing the arm sleeves and weaving in wild, errant strings and hiding knots. Sigh. What a big pain in the ass it all was.

Then I submerged Sexy Lace into a cold wool wash and soaked her for 15 minutes. Wish I'd photodocumented that but hey, it was 3:30 in the damned morning.

My notes from August 6 until today:

August 6, 2009 - Had a moment of DUH in joining last night but wanted to get the pieces on the needles before going to bed. It’s joined and the ribbing has begun! I am so excited - Sexy Lace is almost completed!!

August 7, 2009 - I don’t know my work life was suddenly so crazy but suddenly everything needed to be done last year … very annoying, lol … I could barely work on Sexy Lace.

August 8, 2009 - Maybe 2 rows completed yesterday. Grrrr. And I am running short of this yarn. Jill told me she ordered more - I’m not sure if it is in but I have no patience. I think I’m totally adult A.D.D. … I have dissimilar yarn that will complement the Dream in Color: a dark, dark vino that will do well here in a pinch.

It looks pretty good!

The other yarn is from a frogged sweater for an ex-bf. I had forgotten the rules: NEVER KNIT A SWEATER FOR A MAN WHO IS NOT YOUR HUSBAND … will not forget again, will not forget again … anyway, I frogged that suckah the other day and reveled once again in how beautiful the yarn is; soft and gorgeous and luxe. Blends in very well with Sexy Lace.

Almost on the 2nd decrease round on the yoke, then one more then a bind off. So excited. If I have to stay up late tonight, I just may.

August 9, 2009 12:41AM - I finished it! Yay!! I am sewing the sleeves and weaving ends. I will take a photo of it before it is washed and blocked, then I’ll have a photo of me wearing it!

I LOVE THIS PATTERN!!

August 9, 2009 10:43AM - Sexy Lace is drying after a nice blocking. I added a close up of the lace panel.

Thanks to Cecily for such a lovely pattern. I had so much fun knitting this and the sweater is gorgeous. I tried it on last night and it is absoeffinglutely stunning. yippee!


No comments:

Post a Comment