Saturday, August 7, 2010

Swallowing my Swallowtail Pride

Flush with the success of Flower Basket, I've decided I'm done licking my wounds over the failed Swallowtail and I'm ready to tackle her again. I'm going to take her on using a DK weight I picked up for a song ... a song, I tell you from Yarns in the Farms. Quite a while ago, they had a sale on Green Mountain Spinnery Cotton Comfort (80% wool; 20% cotton - why is it cotton comfort rather than wool comfort considering the majority is wool but no matter ... ) for something insane like $3.00 a hank. (I also have scored Rowan Tweed Aran for $5.00 a skein *gleeful*) so I purchased it in Storm which I'm going to use here and in Suede which really looks like suede - it's an olive-y brownish goldish color that's gorgeous.

Anyway, the color is a stormy gray and it's flecked with darker gray and white. I'm really going full force here and using gunmetal beads. Holy shit, I hope this all comes together. I already know I need more beads and since I'm going to Stitch House today with H, I'll remember to get more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment