Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I want to not have a queue

Ever have so many projects lined up that you don't know where to start? You look at this pattern then remember that pattern then cast on for another pattern only to feel as if you're neglecting the old pattern and then you realize you haven't knit a darned thing. Why? Because you've spent hours going 'round and 'round in your mind or out loud to your friends or just to your cats. You haven't knit a stitch because you can't get out of your own way.

My queue is stressing me. 

It's full of pretty stuff. Intricate lace. Bulky, toasty sweater. Gorgeous lacy shawls. Cabled goodness. All still in queue, mocking me. 


I'm afraid to look anymore. It's that "ravel it" button followed immediately by the "add to ravelry queue" button that gets me into so much trouble as I saunter across the internet ... I'm going to remove those buttons from my browser, at least until I get the queue under control. Move some items out. Actually knit a few. There's a concept: knitting something in the queue rather than just adding to it every time I sign on. *rolleyes*


No queue = no pressure.


No pressure = happy knitter.


My shawl is growing like crazy. I think I can finish this within a few days if I just concentrate on completing this project before beginning another. 


I think I can. I think I can.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment