Thursday, August 12, 2010

Getting your Knit Geek on ...


So Chelsea at Stitch House and Annisa (and everyone else there) loved Flower Basket. She is so pretty and I'm really proud of her. Chelsea put her on the form, took photos and posted to their blog. *beams* 

Chelsea and I always like to hang because we really get into the patterns and yarns and designers and just rock the geekiness in us. Annisa just laughed at us and made fun of us. Claire came in and headed to the bowels of the basement to dye. Hah! She was there when I selected Glazed Pecan in the Tosh to use for the edging on Flower B. 


I have decided to use Cascade Heritage (from Seed Stitch ages ago) for Swallowtail and so far, the yarn loves Swallow, unlike Cascade Pure Alpaca. So unambitious that pure alpaca. It just wanted to fuzz, create halo and totally obscure the lacework. You may think the color I've chosen (Camel) is boring but rock that camel shawl with a red sweater or pink jacket or black coat and it will be beyond. Trust me. Plus I'm going to bling it out with beads instead of nupps. Not feeling the nupps. Aside from just not really liking big blobs of twisted yarn on my stuff, it sounds vaguely breast like and I'm betting if you really look at nupps, you'll see that they even look breast like so I'll just pass on the whole thing. Beads it will be. Blingy, shiny, sparkly, lovely beads. It's the kid in me. What of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment