Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cure for the Greens

Yes, I found even more green and green mixtures in my stash. It is really quite absurd that I have so much of a color that really doesn't excite me very much. Something Must Be Done. 


Since that early morning Green Epiphany, I've begun the long road back to Other Colors. I headed out to Seed Stitch and told myself I would not buy anymore yarn (I didn't) or any more pattern books (I didn't - again, yay me) but I'd exchange the ocean of green Creative Focus Linen I'd purchased there. Five skeins were already put into cakes so I was out of luck on those but the remaining five were still in hanks so I was able to exchange them for a color that is NOT GREEN.


 Is that not a gorgeous lavender? It's far more interesting than the green. Ok, maybe not as interesting but at least it constitutes variation on theme.

This is a very good start. The Cure is to stay out of yarn stores and if I'm in a yarn store, stay by the door while I wait for friends and resist the urge to get sucked in by NEW AND EXCITING new fall colors and IMAGINATIVE NEW PATTERNS.  But fail miserably.  You GOTS TO BE STRONG, I say.


Yeah. That's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment